Monday 16 April 2007

Vincent Gardiner

We're back from Celebrate, of which I'll update you on in another blog, so hold your horses! But now I'll introduce you to another student - the only true Brit in the course this year - Vincent Gardiner. Here's what he has to say about the School:


'My name is Vincent Gardiner, I am British, and I am 22 years old. I was looking to give a year to God, to deepen my relationship with Him and discern my vocation in a community focused on prayer. I was not particularly prayerful before I came to SPES, and knew I needed to improve.

The School has exceeded my expectations in every way. Spending so much time in prayer and with prayerful people has changed me in a way that I could not have imagined. I now know that God is never outdone in generosity - He has given back so much more than I could give Him.

My favourite activity is SOS Prayerline, where we pray with people who call a telephone number. The faith and honesty of the many different callers always touches me and helps me to grow in faith, and I am sure that our prayers, before the Blessed Sacrament for four hours, are answered.'

1 comment:

Jeanine said...

This photo makes me pee my pants!! I love it! J.