Wednesday 25 April 2007

Student profile: Mandy

Mandy, or Chao Xiao Man as we also know her by, is the first Chinese student in the five years of the School. Being in the West, let alone London, is a new experience for her, and here's what she has to say about the School:



'‘Bless the Lord my soul, and bless his holy name…’ when you pass Soho and hear the awesome hymns in the morning, at midday, at dusk, please stop in your tracks and enter the Church.

Don’t think that so many prayers and everyday going to church for Mass belongs to priests’ and nuns’ lives, don’t think those young people who are busy for the Church are seminarians. Don’t think evangelisation is far away from lay people. Don’t give yourself plenty of reasons to explain why you have no time to go to church. One day all those things happened in myself. What I am telling you is amazing and remarkable, because all those describe my daily life. I am Mandy, 22 years old, one part of St Patrick’s evangelisation school; it is a 9 month course for me to live close to God. There is a space for participating and there is a space for experiencing what love is. There are Challenges and you need Courage to open your mouth to witness about your faith to others.

There are 9 months living in mum’s womb, peaceful and safe and filled with joys. From feeling a stranger, to becoming at home in, to loving the community life, I found what is the most important thing in my life, and what is the value of mankind.'

No comments: