Monday 11 February 2008

Ampleforth Retreat

On Thursday, Anthony and I went up to Ampleforth to help run a day retreat for the Sixth form at the school. The whole retreat was entitled: Will I Leave God When I Leave School? The day was split up into talks and discussion groups. In the morning, Anthony and I each led a discussion group, with the topic: “Happiness and Holiness”. We looked at the quote from our Holy Father who said, “If we let Christ into our lives, we lose nothing, absolutely nothing of what makes life free, beautiful and great.” It was really interesting to see what the students made of this, and it led us into a great discussion of what “true happiness” is.

In the afternoon, Anthony and I then gave a talk called “Prayer vs. prayers”. We talked about the importance of prayer in our lives, why we pray and our experiences of prayer. It was a great experience for us to put into practise what we had learnt in our Catechesis lessons with Marianne.

No comments: