Monday 19 March 2007

Student Profile: Susie Filkorn

This is the first post in what will be a regular feature, introducing each of us to you so that you've got some idea of how we came to the school and how we're finding it. Susie is the youngest person in our group, and Fr. Alex is fond of reminding us that in a monastic community the youngest person is always the first to express their opinions to the abbot in a meeting. So without further ado...


'I am Susie Filkorn, age 21, from Germany. I came to SPES through Youth 2000 who told me about it. The first term was really difficult for me - first time away from home and getting used to a very different, packed schedule. But since those first days, when I left everything up to God (for I realised really everything is up to Him), so much has changed for me.
That God has led me here is for sure one of the greatest graces He has given to me. I experience the days offering the change of life each in different ways. God has enriched my life more than I ever could have imagined. It is so amazing to see what happens when we take one little step towards God and how He does all the rest. St. Patrick's is full of life. It is a wonderful place to learn to live a life alive!'

1 comment:

Jeanine said...

oh Frou ... that is a lovely 'fur coat' you have on to match that beautiful big red bow on your head.