Saturday 2 May 2009

Czech Night!

Hello all our friends! My name is Petr and I am from Czech republic. Our community organized a Czech culture night at St. Anne's Presbytery. I had the idea to prepare a traditional meal called “Vepřo – knedlo – zelo“ which is Pork – dumplings – sauerkraut. All the members of my community helped me with the preparing, cleaning and cooking.There were lot's of things to do, but I think we really enjoyed the day. We invited Fr. Francis Selman who is Dean of Philosophy at Allen Hall, Fr. Rafael, Br. John Bosco, Dominic and Christopher who are Franciscan Friars of the Renewal, Mr. And Mrs. Antošovi who are my Czech friends living in London and Monica, Edna and Tess who work at St. Patrick's Church. Fr. Osvaldo who is a brazilian parish priest visited us shortly and brought us a traditional brazilian meal, which was delicious. My Czech guests brought us a beautiful and delicious pudding. After a very lively conversation and meal we had a quiz about the Czech republic and also short slide show about my country. Thank you very much everybody who participated in this event, it was a really beautiful day. God bless you all. Petr

No comments: